Choose the Most Fascinating Baby Shower Gifts for You
A baby’s skin is very specific, his body does not respond like that of an adult to certain compounds used in cosmetics swing and bouncer combo, his needs are different. To choose baby cosmetics, you must therefore pay attention to a few simple guidelines.
Always favor a certified organic product or a baby product winner of the Slow Cosmetic Mention. It is a guarantee for a truly natural and ecological formula. Perfect baby shower gifts are now there for you.
Avoid irritating ingredients (surfactants in washing gels such as Sodium lauryl sulfate or Ammonium lauryl sulfate baby journey review, number of preservatives, etc.) and potentially toxic compounds such as endocrine disruptors (in conventional products: certain perfumes, anti- Synthetic UV rays, and preservatives In organic or slow products: certain essential oils, certain surfactants or alcohols, etc.).
- Limit sensitizing and allergenic substances (lots of essential oils, certain “food” allergens such as wheat proteins, sesame or peanuts, etc.).
- Beware of cosmetics containing high proportions of alcohol, which can reach internal organs or even be responsible for alcohol-type disorders in a newborn baby.
- Choose cosmetics that support the hydrolipidic balance thanks to nourishing ingredients (such as apricot kernel oil or calendula macerate).
- Protect Baby from sun exposure, with parasol, t-shirt, hat, glasses.
Which Slow Cosmetic products for my baby?
Among the craftsmen of the Slow network, some brands are specialized in baby care and therefore offer you products that are both very clean, obviously healthy, and committed, so don’t hesitate.
Respect baby’s skin and do not put his health at risk
A baby’s skin is an organ still in the process of being formed, not quite mature and thinner and more permeable than that of an adult, which allows cosmetic ingredients to penetrate the body more easily and in proportions relatively more important. Children take about 10 years to acquire all of their skin defenses. Before that, and especially during the very first years, their skin dries up easily and reacts more strongly to all irritating substances. It is also poorly equipped to protect itself from external aggressions and is thus particularly sensitive to the sun’s ultraviolet rays. And we know that the younger the children, the more certain substances can have particularly serious effects on their health, sometimes after several decades.
Stick to the essentials, because less is more
We constantly remind you in Slow Cosmetics that a baby does not need a lot of cosmetics to be clean and smell good. And the less he is in contact with different substances, the less likely he is to encounter one to which he is allergic or reactive. For its cosmetics, better little, but good. The color, the smell … or the visual of the packaging should never be the first choice criteria: neutrality is often a sign of safety.
- Ask yourself 4 little essential questions before buying.
- Does this cosmetic product have a short ingredient list? It must.
- Does this product contain perfume or dyes? You don’t have to.
Is this product really going to be used without being able to be replaced by a simpler product? You just need a few essentials: soap or washing gel, body cream or milk or lotion for small toilets, that’s more than enough. Is this product certified by a recognized organic label, or more socially committed, winner of the Slow Cosmetic Mention? It must.